Why use occupational health?
To comply with relevant health related law
Much of current health related legislation requires employers to be proactive when managing the health of their employees:
- Health surveillance is required under the COSHH and Management of Health and Safety at Work Regs.
- The principle of obtaining medical evidence for employees who are absent from work through sickness has been established in case law
- Disability Discrimination (Equality Act 2010) legislation and the Health and safety at work Act requires the identification of reasonable adjustments within the workplace
- Health and safety legislation requires employers to perform suitable and sufficient risk assessments. This may include individual and ad hoc, as well as generic risk assessments
Indus Occupational Health can:
- Perform an employee assessment
- Offer an independent view of the health status of your employee
- Advise upon any work-related issues that may need addressing due to your employees illness
- Communicate with specialists, GPs and other external agencies
- Advise upon an appropriate solution for your employee’s occupational health management
- Explain the pertinent legal issues